Midstream One Step Plus is a direct saliva “Collect and Run” drug testing kit with a built-in saliva alert indicator. The detection levels are slightly different for THC, BZO and OPI than in the standard Midstream One Step. The patented saliva tongue collector goes directly into the mouth and runs as soon as sufficient saliva has been absorbed.
- No sample handling.
- Screens for the following 6 drugs:
- Cannabis THC 50ng (Marijuana, hash, scunk)
- Amphetamine AMP 50ng (speed, whiz)
- Opiates OPI 40ng (heroin, brown, morphine)
- Cocaine COC 20ng (cocaine, crack)
- Methamphetamine MET 50ng (crystal Ice)
- Benzodiazepines BZO 10ng (sleepers , tranqs)
Cannabis THC 11-nor-9-tetrahydrocannabinol-9-carboxylic acid (9-THC-COOH), the metabolite of THC (9-tetrahydrocannabinol), is detectable in saliva shortly after use. The detection of the drug is thought to be primarily due to the direct exposure of the drug to the mouth (oral and smoking administrations) and the subsequent sequestering of the drug in the buccal cavity3. Historical studies have shown a window of detection for THC in saliva of up to 14 hours after drug use.
Amphetamine AMP is detectable in oral fluid as early as 5-10 minutes following use. Amphetamine can be detected in oral fluids for up to 72 hours after use.
Opiates (OPI) The drug class opiates refers to any drug that is derived from the opium poppy, codeine can be detected in the oral fluid within 1 hour following a single oral dose and can remain detectable for 7-21 hours after the dose.
Cocaine COC Depending on the route of administration, cocaine and metabolites benzoylecgonine and ecgonine methyl ester can be detected in oral fluid as early as 5-10 minutes following use. Cocaine and benzoylecgonine can be detected in oral fluids for up to 24 hours after use.
Methamphetamine MET can be detected in oral fluid as early as 5-10 minutes following use. Methamphetamine can be detected in oral fluids for up to 72 hours after use.
Benzodiazepines (BZO) Benzodiazepines are used as treatment of anxiety and sleep disorders. Detection time vary with the half life of the benzodiazepine consummed.
Directions for Use:
Allow the DSD 863-A drug test kit to reach room temperature prior to testing. Instruct the donor to not place anything in the mouth including food, drink, gum or tobacco products for at least 10 minutes prior to collection.
- Bring the pouch to room temperature before opening it. Once removed from the sealed pouch the drug test kit must be used within one hour.
- Remove the drug testing kit from the sealed pouch and insert under the tongue to collect oral fluid until the saliva indicator indicates enough saliva has been absorbed to run all the tests.
- Place the test kit on a clean and level surface.
- Read results at 10 minutes. Do not read results after 1 hour.
There are no reviews yet.